|Composition||Super Alloy New Z|
|Power Source||Photonic Energy Engine|
|Notable moves||Drill Pressure Punch, Breast Burn, Thunder Break, Mazinger Blade|
While the blueprints of the Great Mazinger were sent to the Photon Power Laboratory, Prof. Kabuto had secretly worked on a true complete version of the Great in his secret laboratory. After it was finished, he went on to create the Mazinkaiser.
Compared to the prototype, the finalized Great Mazinger has its anime coloration, having dark blue limbs and face instead of black. It also features the built in Scrander on its back that can contract and expand at command. It is a few meters taller than the prototype.
Abilities and AttacksEditThe final Great Mazinger features a Super Alloy New Z armor, which is much stronger and lighter than regular Super Alloy Z, allowing greater strength and agility. The built-in Scrander allows the robot to fly. Its attacks include:
- Great Boomerang : The V-shaped heat sink used like a giant boomerang, taking off from the chest of Great and throw against the enemies for destroy them .
- Drill Pressure Punch: A spinning fist attack which much greater force and propulsion than the prototype's Atomic Punch.
- Breast Burn: A intense beam of heat released from the V-shaped heat sink.
- Thunder Break: Using energy from the clouds to create a lighting storm, the Great commands the bolts to attack enemies.
- Mazinger Blade: A long double-edged blade released from the leg for close quarter combat, it is strong enough to cut a Ghost Mechanical Beast in two.
The Great Mazinger appeared in the seventh and final episode of the Mazinkaiser OVA series, to help the Photon Power Laboratory when it was being overrun by Ghost Mechanical Beasts. Tetsuya and his partner,
Jun Hono explain that they found the robot and some equipment in Prof. Kabuto's secret laboratory, including the Kaiser Scrander. As the Scrander is sent to retrieve the Kaiser from an active Mt. Fuji, the Great Mazinger proceeds to fight against the Ghost Mechanical Beasts, including a gorgon-like Venus A. After a lengthy battle, the Great manages to destroy all of the Mechanical Beasts.